The measuring system is based on the single pass/dual path-architecture, illustrated by the enclosed picture. The laser beam sent by the laser unit crosses the measuring section only once and the receiver unit measures and evaluates the laser beam's weakening caused by dust content. Additionally, the laser unit transmits the reference signal around the stack via optical fiber to the receiver unit, 40 times per second. This system improves the long-term accuracy of the analyzer because in traditional analyzers with a dual-pass design the retro-reflector is excluded from the zero/span calibration. In the MIP analyzer, the optical reference path around the stack ensures that all affected surfaces are included in the calibration. The monitor automatically corrects for dirt that can accumulate on these surfaces.
Advantages of using optical reference path:
- Dirt in optics is eliminated from the measurement values, providing real long term accuracy and stability
- Automatic calibration and zero 40 times per second
- Minimal maintenance
Advantages of using a laser light source
- Measuring path up to 50 meters without changing a single component in the system, due to a narrow and intense laser light beam.
- Excellent beam collimation
- Due to high intensity, measuring of higher concentrations is possible
- Long life span (more than 5 years) and a standard wave length together with the optical reference path guarantee long-term accuracy and stability.
- The analyzer can be transferred to another location without factory calibration.
Features of the monitor unit
- Auto diagnostic mode is run at the power-up of the monitor and can be triggered manually at any time by the operator
- Continuous system check program runs in the background alerting the operator of exceptions or out of specification parameters
- Comprehensive data storage for measured values and alarms
- Multiple display alternatives for optical and mass readings
- Flexible output options improve the connectivity with larger control systems
- Power plants burning oil, coal or bio-fuel
- Steel and iron furnaces
- Cement plants
- Petroleum industry
- Other applications that require continuous, accurate and reliable measurements of dust emissions